Monday, October 26, 2009

Buggy Blogs & Wacky Wikis

Hey Region 1!
I never knew there were SO many ways to commincate by networking. If you missed the Buggy Blogs & Wacky Wikis workshop on Friday you missed a treat. Jana Hill was awesome and introduced us to blogs, tweets, wikis and so much more.
Thanks, Jana for an incredible workshop. I can't wait for the follow-up.
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa... I know it was A LOT! Our follow-ups will be done one Classroom 2.0 service at a time. I sent out e-mails to all the participants, but if others would like to put in their two cents worth on which follow-up comes first (Facebook, Twitter, Ning, podcasting, etc.) they can go vote on it by going to:

    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=W1QZbP6N1J_2bPzkZ4waVgfA_3d_3d

    (Copy and paste it in your internet browser address bar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would share these twitter tips for teachers. It comes from an article on Education Week.
    1. Begin by following people you know and trust.
    2. Explore related resources like Twitter4teachers (http://twitter4teachers.pbworks.com/), a wiki that helps teachers find other teachers on Twitter in their subject area.
    3. Be generous in retweeting - i.e., share messages by others with your followers.
    4. When appropriate, use hashtags (#literacy) to share your tweets with a larger interest group;but do not overuse hashtags.
    5. Tweet wisely: Remember that whatever you post can be used across the internet; avoid talking about colleagues or individual students.
    Happy Tweeting!

    ReplyDelete