Monday, October 5, 2009

We Have a New Blog

Hey Region 1!
We are so excited about our new Blog page and hope you will begin to enjoy it as well. If you have signed up for our Buggy Blogs and Wacky Wikis training we will get an introduction on how to put this useful networking tool to work for us in Region 1.
Hopefully this will be more user friendly that what we were using and all of us from Region 1 as well as others from across the state can benefit from sharing our best practices, ideas and questions.
Happy blogging,
Lisa

14 comments:

  1. This is an exciting time in Region 1. Technology is going to give us the opportunity to network, share and stay up-to-date on the happenings in adult education. Please share our blog with your colleagues. If you have an exciting lesson plan to share, questions to ask, or need a resource---ask you colleagues on the blog! If you have difficulty getting on the blog, contact Lisa at jonesl@ACE-Leon.org or call 850-922-5343.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations once again to Region 1 for setting the pace for using Technology in Adult Ed. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Region 1!
    A big "Thank You" to Barbara Jones and her staff from Northwest Florida State College for sharing the following web-pages for making FREE math worksheets.

    www.math-drills.com

    www.kutasoftware.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see this as a wonderful opportunity to share information and ask questions. Way to go Region 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to all the new techie treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Region 1! I’m excited about the new blog; it will be great new resource for sharing...so if you are interested in a fun and innovative way to bring current events and social science into your classroom, I invite you to visit www.izzit.org. This organization provides daily articles via email from various periodicals around the world, along with discussion questions and vocabulary. It also gives classroom teachers a FREE video hosted by many well known celebrities on issues that citizens face globally.It forces students to critically think about real world issues and sparks energetic classroom discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic option this is for us and at a time when we need to make our resources stretch!

    I went to an advisory meeting last night and there were many teachers there who had just experienced "Challenge Day" at their school. I have not done this particular program but they were so thrilled by what their students had experienced. It is a program which provides youth with activities that help them celebrate their diversity and feel safe and valued. Their website is www.challengeday.org. I also wanted to mention www.simpletruths.com for inspirational 3-minute movies to show classes. Some have a religious message and many don't. I really like "212". Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Attened this workshop and it was very informative. Jana is soooo much fun and is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the WackyWikisWorkshop today. Thanks Lisa, Lynn , and Jana. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you missed "Buggy Blogs & Wacky Wikis", you missed the training of a life time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm blushing guys... thank for all the great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is a great online resource especially for ESOL or low level ABE.
    http://www.marshalladulteducation.org/student-lessons This includes lessons with speech on coins, government, health, family, consumer issues, employment, etc.
    http://www.marshalladulteducation.org/reading-skills-for-todays-adult This is a great site for low level reading. The students may hear the story or read it and answer questions.
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete